Focused Pregnancy Prevention for Mississippi Teens (Focus4Teens) is dedicated to improving the lives of adolescents and reducing unintended teen pregnancy in the Mississippi Delta.
Focus4Teens works to expand access to youth-friendly sexual and reproductive healthcare among youth at high risk for pregnancy by:
- building the capacity of community-based health centers to provide youth-friendly sexual and reproductive healthcare.
- building the capacity of youth-serving organizations to establish linkage and referral systems to these partnering health centers.
These efforts will have far-reaching impacts for youth in the Mississippi Delta.
Our partners include a network of health centers and youth-serving organizations, such as high schools and community-based organizations, in Coahoma, Quitman, Tate, and Tunica counties.
For more information, contact Focus4Teen’s Project Coordinator, Whitney French, at email@example.com.
Choose Your Method Tool
Choose Your Method is an interactive tool created for youth in Tunica, Quitman, Coahoma, and Tate counties to educate young people in Mississippi about birth control and STI prevention methods and how to access these methods in their community.
- Filter through different birth control and STI prevention methods based on your needs
- See if the method requires a doctor, over the counter access or nothing at all
- Learn about length of use, price, where to get it, and how to use it
Become a Youth Ambassador
Want to get involved by promoting sexual and reproductive health among your peers? We’re looking for youth ambassadors ages 15 to 19 to provide feedback on a new online birth control tool, Choose Your Method, and help share it with other teens.
From June-September 2020, ambassadors will have access to training, leadership opportunities and a monthly stipend.