To ensure that all young people in Mississippi have access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare services.
We hold before us the vision of healthier communities where young people have access to essential knowledge, skills, resources, and support so they may grow into healthy adults and move communities forward.
Our team relies on seven guiding principles in carrying out our mission:
- We believe all teens in Mississippi deserve access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare to attain their highest level of health.
- We promote research-based best practices for teen health as guided by the scientific community.
- We support the sexual and reproductive health and rights of Mississippi teens, with a specific focus on developing quality relationships and open and honest dialogue between youth and supportive adults, while trusting that young people can make informed decisions about their health and lives.
- We work for and in partnership with young people across the state of Mississippi. We approach our work with enthusiasm and dedication.
- We work to give youth a voice in matters that most affect them. As such, our trainings, advocacy, and programs are youth-informed and center on the experiences and needs of Mississippi teens.
- We affirm the universal principles of fairness, respect, and equity for all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual orientation, ability, or gender identity.
- We are guided by the best interests of Mississippi teens and the communities in which they live. We act with this in mind at all times and in all circumstances.
Our Competitive Advantage
Developed by THMS Board and Staff
Teen Health Mississippi centers youth in our work using a 360-degree approach to provide high-quality, research-based sexual and reproductive health programs. We leverage relationships with youth-serving professionals, parents, and community members to increase their capacity to empower youth to make informed decisions. We are an inclusive organization anchored in the universal principles of fairness, respect, and equity for all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual orientation, ability, or gender identity. We serve whole communities because when youth are healthy, the entire community benefits.