To ensure that all Mississippi teens have access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare services.
We envision a healthier Mississippi where teens have access to essential knowledge, skills, resources, and support so they may grow into healthy adults and move Mississippi forward.
Seven Guiding Principles
- We believe all teens in Mississippi deserve access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare to attain the highest level of health for all people.
- Our work is research based and promotes best practices as guided by the scientific community.
- Our work supports the sexual and reproductive health and rights of Mississippi teens, with a specific focus on developing quality relationships and open and honest dialogue between youth and supportive adults, while trusting that young people can make informed decisions about their health and lives.
- We work on behalf of and in partnership with teens across the state of Mississippi. We approach our work with enthusiasm and dedication.
- We work to actively give youth a voice in matters that most affect them. As such, our trainings, advocacy, and programs are youth informed and center on the experiences and needs of Mississippi youth.
- We affirm the universal principles of fairness, respect, and equity for all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Our work will always be guided by the best interests of Mississippi teens and the communities in which they live. We act with this in mind at all times and in all circumstances.