To ensure that all Mississippi teens have access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare services.
We envision a healthier Mississippi where teens have access to essential knowledge, skills, resources, and support so they may grow into healthy adults and move Mississippi forward.
Seven Guiding Principles
- We believe all teens in Mississippi deserve access to high-quality sex education and youth-friendly healthcare to attain their highest level of health.
- We promote research-based best practices for teen health as guided by the scientific community.
- We support the sexual and reproductive health and rights of Mississippi teens, with a specific focus on developing quality relationships and open and honest dialogue between youth and supportive adults, while trusting that young people can make informed decisions about their health and lives.
- We work for, and in partnership with, young people across the state of Mississippi. We approach our work with enthusiasm and dedication.
- We work to give youth a voice in matters that most affect them. As such, our trainings, advocacy, and programs are youth-informed and center on the experiences and needs of Mississippi teens.
- We affirm the universal principles of fairness, respect, and equity for all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual orientation, ability, or gender identity.
- We are guided by the best interests of Mississippi teens and the communities in which they live. We act with this in mind at all times and in all circumstances.