“Teachers do more than teach. I mean children come in and you never know from day to day what job you’re going to have. Some days, honestly, we don’t even get to teach because we’re too busy handling the jobs that come with dealing with adolescents. Anytime you can get equipment to deal with young children, it makes you a better teacher because it makes you a better person.”
— Angela Baker, Teacher
This one-day Foundations training covers the essential skills for facilitating sex education, including
- climate building in the classroom,
- understanding state and local sex education policies,
- facilitation techniques,
- values clarification,
- managing personal disclosure, and
- handling difficult questions and harassing comments.
Optional half-day modules for a second day of training, include
- commonly used sex education strategies,
- LGBTQ inclusive sex education,
- a trauma-informed approach to sex education, and
- cultural proficiency in sex education.
To register to attend a scheduled Foundation training, visit our Trainings and Events Calendar.