This one-day Foundations training covers the essential skills for facilitating sex education, including
- climate building in the classroom,
- understanding state and local sex education policies,
- facilitation techniques,
- values clarification,
- managing personal disclosure, and
- handling difficult questions and harassing comments.
Optional half-day modules for a second day of training, include
- commonly used sex education strategies,
- LGBTQ inclusive sex education,
- a trauma-informed approach to sex education, and
- cultural proficiency in sex education.
Upcoming Foundations Training
1-Day Foundations Training
January 27, 2018
9 AM-4 PM (8:30 AM Registration)
Moore Community House
684 Walker Street
Biloxi MS 39530
$50 Registration Fee (Lunch is included in this fee and will be provided on site.)
CEU/CHES credits are free to participants and are paid for by a grant from the Mississippi University for Women.
For additional questions about this Foundations training in Biloxi contact Ashley Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 228 669 2692.
We offer SCHOLARSHIPS for this training. Teen Health Mississippi has funds, although limited, that can be used for partial and full training scholarships. We are committed to supporting participants who may be experiencing financial hardship. This includes individuals with no organizational affiliations and individuals whose organizations are currently facing financial challenges that need additional financial support.
All scholarship registrations must be submitted two weeks prior to the training you wish to attend.
Decisions will be made by the Teen Health Mississippi Scholarship Committee. You will receive confirmation once your form has been received. Since we have limited funding, we cannot guarantee that all requests can be granted. There is no fee to apply for a scholarship.
How it Works:
Submission of a scholarship request confirms that you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions if you are awarded a scholarship:
If awarded a scholarship,
- I agree to confirm my attendance at least 1 week in advance of the training.
- I agree to be responsible for my own travel expenses.
- The scholarship committee must receive your completed scholarship form at least two weeks before the training you wish to attend. No late or incomplete scholarship applications will be considered.
- Notification of the scholarship will be made within a week after receiving your form.
- The scholarship is non-transferable.
- The scholarship solely covers the registration fee. CEUs will not be covered by the scholarship.
For more information about Foundations training or scholarship opportunities, please contact Hope L. Crenshaw at email@example.com or by phone at 662-483-1538.