In 2015, we conducted a scan of publicly funded health centers across the state to assess their youth-friendliness. From these assessments with health centers, we found a need for staff training and professional development to improve the quality and accessibility of sexual and reproductive healthcare services for youth. This includes raising awareness among youth and youth-serving professionals regarding minors’ rights to sexual and reproductive healthcare services, including minor consent and confidentiality laws for such services.
Youth-friendly trainings will be added to our training calendar as they are scheduled throughout the year. We can also customize in-person trainings and resources to health centers across the state.
- An Introduction to Youth-Friendly Healthcare (1.5 hours)
- Barriers to Care (1.5 hours)
- LGBTQ 101 (First of a 3-Part Series/1.5 hours)
- Youth Clinical Walkthrough (1.5 hours)
- Minors’ Rights to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (1.5 hours) – In an effort to address concerns about confidentiality laws, minor consent laws, and reporting responsibilities for healthcare providers, we work to build the capacity of healthcare providers and staff in Mississippi by delivering training on Minors’ Rights to Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare.
- General Youth-Friendly Healthcare Resources – Educational information can be delivered/emailed to your organization to provide support to your patients and staff.
If you are interested in scheduling training for your staff, contact Monica Coleman by email at email@example.com.