We are constantly updating our calendar to provide training and professional development for youth-serving adults, such as teachers and healthcare providers, to ensure that Mississippi teens have access to the information, skills, and services they need to protect and promote their health.
- Foundations training covers the essential skills for facilitating sex education, including climate building in the classroom, understanding state and local sex education policies, facilitation techniques, values clarification, managing personal disclosure, and handling difficult questions and harassing comments. Next in-person training scheduled for January 27, 2018 in Biloxi, MS. Register today!
- Answer Online Workshops: Teen Health Mississippi currently offers free online professional development workshops through our partnership with Answer, a national sex education program of Rutgers University. These online workshops help instructors increase their baseline knowledge on adolescent sexual health issues and comfort and preparedness in teaching sex education. (ongoing)
- Mississippi University for Women’s (The W) Professional Learning Academy has partnered with The W’s Department of Health and Kinesiology and Mississippi First to offer a Sexual Health Educator Certificate through a series of Continuing Education Courses. For detailed information about the course, check out the program flyer. Each six-week course is completely online and self-paced through Outreach & Innovation’s Professional Learning Academy. Registration is now open for this amazing opportunity. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 662.241.6101. Course are $59/each and are non-refundable. (ongoing)
- Register for Teen Health Mississippi Training: We can provide customized training for your organization, school, or clinic, including but not limited to, trainings in youth-friendly healthcare, Core Skills for Sex Education, Draw the Line/Respect the Line, Reducing the Risk, and Making Proud Choices. Complete this form to request Teen Health MS training and workshops.
- Focus4Teens Quarterly Training Meeting: Quarterly Training Meetings to bring together both youth-serving staff and clinicians working to prevent teen pregnancy and STDs in the Mississippi Delta. These events are open to our Focus4Teens partners and the public.
Dates are as follows: Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Coahoma County from 9am-1pm (Location to be determined); Thursday, April 19, 2018 in Tunica County from 9am-1pm (Location to be determined)
- Focus4Teens Annual Community Meeting: We are excited to host our 2017 Annual Community Meeting to bring together both youth-serving staff, clinicians, and the community to work together to prevent teen pregnancy and STDs in the Mississippi Delta. The meeting is scheduled for July 20, 2017 in Tunica County (location to be determined).